NYLON PA12 (MJF)
Strong, Durable & High Quality
PRODUCTION GRADE NYLON MATERIAL
Nylon PA12 via Multi Jet Fusion (MJF) 3D Printing process is constructed from fusing agents to Nylon PA12 powder. Unlike SLS, Nylon PA12 (MJF) does not require support for cavities and overhanging regions. Nylon PA12 (MJF) is ideal for smoother, more watertight Nylon polyamide 3D print with higher density and lower porosity. Nylon PA12 (MJF) comes in two finishes: natural grey finish and dyed black finish.
Nylon PA12 (MJF) is suitable for functional prototypes and end user parts that require good mechanical, thermal and chemical properties; such as engineering parts, housing, tools, jigs and fixtures. Due to its consistency and high quality output, Nylon PA12 (MJF) can easily be scaled up for low volume production of up to hundreds of parts within days. It is an ideal material to replace conventional injection molded parts.
- Standard Lead Time: Ship in about 4-7 business days
- Build Size: 380L x 380W x 280H (mm)
- Minimum Wall Thickness: 0.7 mm (may vary)
- Minimum Detail: 0.4 mm
- Estimated Accuracy: +/-0.15-0.25 mm typically (0.3% of longest side)
- Colour: Black or Raw Grey
- High Quality Functional Part
- Good Mechanical Properties
- Good Thermal Resistance
- Good Chemical Resistance
- Fire Rating: UL94-HB
- Near isotropic strength Parts
- Watertight Parts (at > 3mm thickness)
- Relatively Smooth Surface
- Replace conventional Injection Molding
- Produce hundreds of parts within days
NOT SURE WHICH MATERIAL TO USE?
Let us make things simple for you.
DESIGN FOR MJF NYLON PA12
Minimum Wall Thickness
We recommend the following minimum wall thickness:
- 1 mm (For Parts smaller than 10cm)
- 2 mm (For Parts between 10cm-20cm)
- 3 mm (For Parts larger than 20cm)
Parts with Sufficient wall thickness is crucial to ensure successful print.
Embossed and Engraved Details
For Embossed Details: Recommended minimum thickness of 0.5mm and height of 0.5mm
For Engraved Details: Recommended minimum thickness of 0.5mm and depth of 0.5mm
Clearance for Fitting
Clearance is the space between two objects, allowing one or both of them to have a certain degree of freedom of movement relative to the other. We would recommend
- MJF Nylon PA12: 0.15 mm (tight fit), 0.25 mm (standard fit) and 0.4 mm (loose fit).
You are advise to test out several iterations if you wish to attain a perfect fit.
It is highly recommended to hollow out solid models to reduce cost and avoid shrinkage issues. We recommend:
- Wall Thickness of 2-3mm for Model below 35cm
- Wall Thickness of 4-5mm for Model between 35-60 cm
Include ‘Escape Holes’ to your model so as to drain excess material. It is recommended:
- At least 4mm ⌀ for smaller models
- At least 8mm ⌀ for larger models
- At least 2 holes
- Add multiple holes for larger models
For models with large flat unsupported planes, there is a risk of warpage. To prevent this, consider adding ribs as reinforcement to combat this issue.
Avoid Multiple Parts in a single file
Uploading multiple parts within a file may cause unnecessary delay in your order due to processing issues. Simply upload each part file separately for a smooth transaction.